Sunday, August 24, 2008

A few thoughts from here....

1. It's been raining a lot over the past week. I enjoyed the sun yesterday. I am not ready for the rainy season (330 days of it) to begin.

2. The Olympics are over. And I am sad. Enough said.

3. My daughter fell asleep at 6:30 pm this evening. I am hoping she makes it until at least 6 am.

4. School begins in one week. One more week until my little one is official a 3rd grader. May not seem like much, but I can hardly believe it. She'll be 9 in five months. Amazing.

5. Obama. He's a greeting card. With a loose-lipped running mate. oye.

6. My back is sore from 7.5 miles on Saturday. But it was good to see where I'm at. And 7.5 miles probably isn't quite it. A solid 5 would have suited me better. For now.

7. Church. I wrestled with going this morning. But was so glad I did. "When we feel unloved" was the sermon title. Everything the Pastor said resonated with me. Except when he said, "If God hasn't chastened you, then you aren't saved." I actually..............agree with that. But wouldn't have said it in those words. What about the newbie who hasn't had a struggle yet? I wondered how an "unchastened" folk may have felt with that statement. It took me back, but for once, I sat tall. "That's right, I have been chastened. And how."

8. I have a reality tv habit that I may need to kick. Admitting it is the first step.

:)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer