Sunday, May 31, 2009

one day in may...

It's been an age since the urge to blog has hit me. Not sure it's with me now, but here I am. Nice pic, eh? A self-portrait taken this weekend during a 10-mile training jaunt.

This weekend gave the gift of amazing weather. I'm still holding it tightly. Seeing the sun and blue sky completely motivates me. And by motivates, I mean, gives super powers. :)

The Rock and Roll Marathon is just a month away. A little troupe has gathered together and are attempting to train for this thing (the half). This weekend's 12-miler turned into 10 for the whole of us. We ventured out to Pt. Defiance Park's 5-mile-route. It's now my new favorite place to train. The hills are a little crazy. I won't lie (hence the 12 turning to 10). To say it was a great workout, doesn't do it justice. It was amazing.
One of the vantage points along the route. I tend to be cruising alone. Slower than the rest. But still made great time. Kept waiting for the downhill portion of the route. Note: there weren't many. The Ipod was never even fired up. The atomsphere had me completely engaged.



One of our walking peeps, taking a little break as we took a gander at the Narrows Bridge.

Overall, an amazing weekend made even brighter by seeing my dear friend Nancy - whom I haven't seen in years (but speak to and facebook with regularly)! She's doing the marathon too and did 12 miles at Pt Defiance with her friend, Anita. I also laid eyes on my sweet friend Shannon, her hubby and her adorable girls! An unexpecuted but fabulous surprise on Saturday afternoon! :)

I don't know why I'm sharing - but my hands also stained a deck and a fence (see below) on Friday evening- after a yoga class. The combination left me a little achey as the group headed out for the mileage. Sunday morning found me feeling...pretty good.

That's really it. Our family is really looking forward to the summer months - for so many reasons. A small break from the pace we keep. Conquering the half-marathon. A visit from my sister. Picking some berries. A visit or two to the waterpark. Fourth of July in Yakima. A visit to Arizona (we hope). And a camping trip to southern Oregon and a day trip down the Rogue River. Strangely, I can't wait for Hope to experience rafting on the Rogue. I think she'll love it!

Embracing June...an the sun! And ZUMBA! My new favorite workout (thanks, Danielle!). :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer