Monday, March 5, 2012

Lenten Thoughts - Day 13

Lent finds me adding a few more "practices" to my 40 days (that I want to keep quiet) and still t.v.-less. Have watched a few shows with my husband and kiddo, but nothing on my own. Twenty minutes of news on a day where snow found its way from the sky and I had to see whether school was happening.

Today? A list of my thankfuls to start this Monday off.

-the practice of Lent.
-focusing more on the meaning of Easter.
-time alone.
-selling Girl Scout cookies at storefronts.
-the sunshine yesterday.
-promise of a clean car ride to work.
-the village of women in my life.
-the many "moms" who have adopted me over the year.
-Chris Daughtry's new CD.
-closed doors and recognizing open ones.
-tending to a heart with little experience.
-steady relationships that live on and on and on.
-a clean kitchen.
-the women I work with and often we laugh.
-Words with Friends (i know).

A Monday's best today. :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer