Monday, November 9, 2009

November Monday Gratitude

holy experience



Not sure if it's the weather or the season, but I find myself sorely in need of some gratitude. Meaning, the need to remind myself of what I have and the blessing of breath in my lungs.

151. the honor of praying for this family, whose little boy just went home to be with Jesus last night.

152. my own little girl, who lives and breathes, and challenges and loves out loud

153. cold weather

154. fleece pajamas and cozy socks

155. one stubborn husband

156. my sister-in-law, who left her life for a week to run ours

157. saying 'yes' when my selfishness wants to say 'no'

158. moms who said 'yes' to watching my kidlet when their selfishness wanted to say 'no'

159. a collection of old photos that capture days' passed

160. a week of meetings with some of public radio's smartest people around

161. "out of the box" experiences that make the story more interesting

162. green tea candles

163. pondering forgiveness.

164. pondering anger. and the need to forgive

165. dirty clothes that live everywhere but the hamper

166. unmade beds

167. a broken heart for a family i have never met

168. laughter in unexpected places.

169. the connection facebook provides

170. a full and gentle night's sleep

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer