Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kleenex, coughing and germs...

Oh my! ;( Indeed, our week has been filled with hot tea, chicken soup and lots of kleenes.

Hope and I returned home from a visit to my parents' house with colds extraordinaire. We were just sick less than a month ago....bleh. After a follow-up to Hope's asthma doctor last night, we both left with new inhalers and the faint echo of Dr. Andrade's laughter. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it Kris?" Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what if my colds always land in my chest two days after they arrive? He heard some wheezing in my lungs. So? :) Okay, I give. Hope probably inherited her asthma courtesy of her mama. Eeegads.

I also "get" that my inability to stay away from sugar affects my immune system greatly. That white stuff is my nemesis...I'm determined to overcome the habit. If you see me jonesin' somewhere in the path of life, no matter how hard I beg, do NOT feed me toblerone. It does NOT cure all that ails me. ;)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer