Tuesday, November 27, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things....


1. Amy Grant's Christmas albums. All of them.

2. Don Moen and Travis Cottrell. Imagine how excited I was to find them singing together (see video below). Who doesn't need to be rescued? And if you don't like the tune, just keep it to yourself. Or talk about it on your own blog. smile.

3. My new silicone baking sheet.

4. Our Christmas-decorated home. Love it.

Nothing says Christmas to me like Amy Grant (okay, and Jesus and his glorious birth). Amy was the first Christian cassette I ever owned....20 years ago. I wasn't a Christian then, but oh, how I enjoyed Amy. Not much has changed. I own many of her "pop" and hymn CDs, but the Christmas season really takes off for me when we begin crooning to her Christmas tunes. Tender Tennessee Christmas. Angels We Have Heard on High. Breath of Heaven. Beautiful.

Don Moen? One of my all-time favorites. He led worship about 10 years ago at World Vision's Day of Prayer...soon after, I traveled to Minnesota on business. On my 2 hour drive to Long Prairie, I was surprised and blessed to be in Don Moen land (he's from Minnesota) and lo and behold - on Don Moen day. His birthday or something. I think 9 out of 10 radio stations in the land of Marge and woodchippers (fargo reference) are Christian. All of them were belting out the Don Moen tunes. I was in heaven. :)

Travis Cottrell. Beth Moore's worship leader - another fave of mine (and yes, I love his big, big grandious tunes). Duet with Don Moen below? God loves me for certain (smile).

Tonight, I whipped up some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (a thank you for my neighbor) on my new silicone baking mat. After two weeks of illness and more than my fill of the cooking channel, I just had to give it a whirl. Almost all the happening chefs use these. Or the happening chefs that I watch, anyhow. Amazing slice of slickness. Worth more than the seven dollars and 99 cents we shelled out. Truly. :)

I'm planning a cookie decorating party for some of hope's friends. Silicone sheets are now part of the master plan. Lee and I are registered for the City of Tacoma half-marathon. I have at least 4of my best and most loved peeps (Connie, Danielle, Shannon and Denise- that's you!) registering to walk as well (lee will jog) -- and fundraising for a cause that tugs at my heart. A little weird to be raising money for an organization other than World Vision...but I believe God is calling our little team to the cause. Stay tuned for more details on that one. Training begins in January...but I'm kicking it into a little pre-training gear now. I'm excited.

Not much else to share. Ephesians 4:29 is my focus of the week. "Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouth....except that which builds one another up." Huge paraphrase. But you get the drift.

Be blessed beyond measure.

kb

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer