Tuesday, May 27, 2008

we found the internet cafe....

...but I've forgotten my USB cord for the camera. ;-(

Mazatlan has been...an adventure. :) The resort we're staying at is beautiful. The ocean view from our suite is breathtaking. The pool has been fun - and we are all properly scorched after our 3rd day of sunbathing. We're heading into "town" today anyhow...so no pool until the evening.

I will say that the trip from the airport to Mazatlan didn't leave me feeling good about traveling to this touristy-hotspot. Maybe it's because I work for a humanitarian agency and I know what these traps do to poverty. The ride to the resort was not beautiful or representative of the pictures we see of mazatlan's resorts. It was a picture of poverty, really.

That's through my own eyes. Unsolicited opinion.

We've had a lot of bumps and hiccups along this little trip. It will be interesting to see how the week rounds out. Right now I would say, that travel to Mexico probably isn't for us. BUT...that may be too soon of a prediction and shortsighted on my part.

I do know that the ocean is lovely. The weather is wonderful. And today we will be traveling into the city for shopping and some local exposure (outside the world of this sequestered resort).

My sun-burned shoulders are signing off for the day...

Hasta luego!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer