Monday, July 7, 2008

It's the Girl Scout Pledge....

:) Hope went to her first day of Girl Scout camp today. If you know my child at all (and many of you don't), we didn't go without much angst. And a small trickle of a tear. It's day camp. Hope is shy. And many of her troop were in the same unit she was. God blessed us with a co-leader whose daughter is shy and worry-laden as well. And a day of sunshine and good fun.

I prayed for her throughout the day. Waited for my cell phone to ring. And drove to pick up one happy, chatty Girl Scout pledgin' girl. She even has a speaking part in the finale' skit on Friday.

I wondered for a brief moment if I'd grabbed the wrong girl. I think Girl Scouts is good for her confidence. Or at least that's what we've been observing.

Tonight is VBS at church. Not the best laid plan...especially since I'm one of the snack ladies, but hopefully, it will be fun, go quickly and we'll fall into bed tonight like two tired heaps.

And find the stamina to do it 4 more days this week.

Hasta!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer