Monday, July 28, 2008

Our family did the Torchlight 5K (Seafair in Seattle) on Saturday (7/26). It was a very low-key, fun and fairly festive occasion. Hope rocked it out (minus a few rough moments along the route). She and Lee finished with a big sprint...we were so proud of her!

Each race we do is a reminder to me of my health my weight and where I'd like to be - and how I'm going to get there. One step at a time, I suppose. Of late, a few long-niggling health issues are being dealt with. I'm sleeping much better and have a doctor appointment mid-August to take a hold of "the last" factor. Or one of the last. I'm hoping getting some things under control coupled with exercise is going to help me out.

We're leaving for Arizona in a few short days. Or a few long days. :) It will be so nice to get away. For so many reasons.

What a rambling post, eh? :) Not much to say - and so many words to say it in!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer