Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sometimes it's hard to be thankful...

or purposefully thinking of things to be thankful for. I'm convinced there's always something - even in the face of the most mundane or tumultuously difficult. I've been both places over the past few days. And so I pick up with #16.

16. Liz and her gifts of delictable treats (peach cobbler and homemade whip, most recently)
17. Ladybug (our cat), who lately seems to love me.
18. Strong coffee with a splash of cream - the way it smells and feels in my cup.
19. Danielle and her amazing heart.
20. My daughter's strong-will.
21. God's unexplainable unwarranted love for me.
22. Nancy Jo McFeron. The wisdom of Jesus with skin on. That's what she is.
23. Julie & Julia. TOTALLY worth seeing.
24. The pain of leaving my church home 3.5 years ago.
25. Blank greeting cards with inspiring art.
26. Ballpoint pens. Not the gel pens. Ballpoint. Please and thank you.
27. Pastor Roger Archer
28. Hope's growing pains - and growing through them myself.
29. The sound of our cat snoring.
30. Watering the lawn into dusk hours.
31. Hope's sleepy face.
32. Shannon Cline. Funniest woman I know with the grandest, biggest, most joyful heart.
33. Jesus.
34. My husband. His stubborn streak. His heart. All 18 years of him.
35. Rain that greens the lawn.
36. Hot summer sun.
37. Floating in our pool. Any pool.
38. The smell of Arizona.
39. My home. It is enough. ;0)
40. My job.
41. My car. And it's air conditioning.
42. Health care.
43. My health.
44. Watching the sun come up.
45. RV Camping.
46. Feeling safe.
47. Hope's belly laugh.
48. Lemongrass.
49. Silence.
50. Amazing writing that moves me.
51. Excellent grammar.
54. Grandma Wilson's homemade chocolate sauce.
55. My sisters. Both of 'em.
56. Laughing at Madascar 2 with Hope.
57. Knowing it's time for bed but putting tomorrow's early rise in my "forget about it" place.

Impressive? Fifty-seven out of 1,000 things of great gratitude. ;D Have you started your list?

1 comment:

karyn said...

YEAH! I made the list!! #55! dang...i have to share it with katie tho..lmao

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer