Monday, August 24, 2009

some groggy monday gratitude

holy experience

This weekend passed by in a blur - but in the best possible way. My sister-in-law is in town and we ended up spending a good portion of the weekend with her. Hope and I on Friday and Lee, Hope and I on Saturday. We capped Saturday off with them along with some friends of theirs who are becoming friends of ours. It was a wonderfully delightful time. On that note, a few more for One Thousand Gifts.

81. Being misunderstood.

82. Whole grain apple-cinnamon english muffins.

83. Comments on my blog. yay!

84. Burt's Bees

85. http://www.zappos.com/ and fabulous customer service.

86. Lemongrass chicken (indochine). Amazing and delectable.

87. Weekends with family and friends.

88. The beauty, delicacy and difficulty of family.

89. Baking good gifts for others.

90. Blue Moon.

91. The pace of Monday morning.

92. Listening to my daughter laugh and converse with her friends.

93. Drinking coffee and checking email from the oversized chair in the living room.

94. Creating good things from recipes.

95. Watching Ladybug try to navigate her way into the oversized chair with sunbeams.

96. My handy husband and the new window he installed.

97. Flexible work schedules that allow me to have a life. Or feel like more of a Mom.

98. Contemplating Labor Day plans.

99. Clean baseboards.

100. Moms who are able to stay home with their kiddos and actually forget what day of the week it is (um, this isn't me).

One-hundred! Funny, seems like I am much further along. Yet here are 100. Grateful for every. single. one. Carrying my journal with me this week. Happy Monday!

k

1 comment:

karyn said...

i look forward to every monday because of your blog...love it!!

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer