Thursday, August 20, 2009

still clicking along with 1000 gifts...

I just had two beautiful opening paragraphs typed - and they disappeared. Totally adding this to my thankful list. :)

I am really jazzed about this list. My friend, Denise, is making a list as well. She shared her "thankful" journal with me at work yesterday. I think carrying the journal with her is such a smart idea, that I'm copying her. There was more than one point yesterday where I thought, "there's something for the list." When pen finally met paper last night, all of those "thankful thoughts" were gone. Old age. Or just me. :) ha!

Picking up at numbre 58...

58. Pink and yellow sunrise as I work from my desk.
59. Dee-dee and ice runs.
60. Feeling truly focused.
61. Shelly. For so many, many reasons.
62. Ice cold water that pours magically from my refrigerator.
63. Dinner, waiting for me when I get home late from work.
64. Caller ID. Yeah, I said it.
65. Humid weather.
66. Thinking of things to be thankful for.
67. Birthdays that go on for days and days.
68. Monk.
69. DVR. yes. :)
70. World News at 4 am. Seriously.
71. www.google.com/reader
72. All the blogs I subscribe to in #71.
73. Good (and Godly) managers.
74. Friendships that drift or end. The process of letting them go.
75. Healing. Emotionally. Physically.
76. My Daddy.
77. The way God made me. Bumps, warts and all.
78. Seeing my husband before he leaves for work...at 4 am.
79. Facebook.
80. Yoga stretches for my lower back.
81. Fridays. The preamble to weekends.
82. This
83. Another day with breath in my lungs.
84. Being misunderstood.
85. Learning to be cautious in friendship.

I have to admit...I'm a little surprised I'm not at 100 yet. Howevah, a day with my journal in hand might change this.

Happy Thursday. The preamble to Friday. And Fridays are ALWAYS a beautiful thing!

1 comment:

karyn said...

i love how this is growing..i share it with my girlfriends...and they are touched by the way words just flow from your fingertips...

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer