Tuesday, November 25, 2008

bellybuttons and ornaments

The past couple of months have been long. And by long I mean 'excruciating."

One of my co-workers blogged about his colonoscopy. I read some of it, thought it was too much info and told him so. After having a procedure of my own, I'm half tempted to share all of the details. I won't. But oh, I am tempted. I wonder why that is? No one is really interested in it. But oh, how we like to share. Wait, the only person who might be interested is one who is about to have a similar procedure.

And I doubt this blog pops up on major medical searches. So you're saved. For now. A wild hair may move me to give every detail at some point. It wouldn't take much, that's for certain. :)

I had surgery about...12 days ago. Recovery has not been without hiccups. Thankfully, I have a job that has allowed me to take extra time off. A daughter who worships me and worries about me and is the best helper a mama could ask for. And a husband, who for all of his words, took on the "other half" of our life in the best way he could while I recuperated. Not that he wasn't salivating over the thought of a vacuum in my hands...sigh.

One of my favorite peeps had her annual ornament party on Saturday. I am not really a girl who enjoys large groups of women. Oh, no. I do not. And I have bypassed my sweet D's soiree simply becuase of the estrogen. This year, I went. And the crowd was half the size. I will say, that a good time was had by all. Namely, me.

Granted, I hadn't left the house in 9 days. A trip to the gas station would have been fun at that point too. (oh, but I kid).

The end of the evening found a group of us forming a not-so-secret sisterhood of women who watch "The Real Housewives" reality show on Bravo. Specifically, the housewives of Atlanta. Or "Hotlanta" as some say (I'm taking a stab that my sweet Jeanette might pray for me over this one. I'll take it, sister). Nine days preceded by a month of pain and days in bed gives a girl a lot of time. I did read some books. I also became addicted to a few new shows. Hotlanta is one of them. Nene is my girl. I am counting the minutes until the reunion show airs in 43 minutes. Oh. yes. I am.
I also watched all six extended version disks in the Lord of the Ring series. I say this with the hope that it somehow balances out my reality tv watching. And by balances, I mean "erases."

Seriously, it was hillarious to discover not just one (camie!) but 2 more (shannon/dana) lovers of the show. It might be a little sad to tell you how long we actually dissected the show. But it was all in good fun. :)

Here are a few pics of our night togethah.

The group of us. Two people are making bunny ears behind my head. Really?

Two of my favoritest girls in the world. Jeanette and baby Shayne (l), whom I do not see enough and our hostess with the mostess (r), ol yella (danielle). These are my truest of peeps. Oh yes, they are. And when a tree falls in the forest .... (ha!)
One of my other most favoritest girls (and I'm using excellent grammar just for her) - Denise (r). We have been through some times together...in fact, I don't think I would have made it through some of those times without her. I do love my Dee-Dee. And her love for books and lending them my way. Um, and lots of other stuff too. :)

This just makes me laugh. Lori and Danielle. These are two crazy girls. Lori and I shared some laughs all night long. Mostly over people dancing in the pits. Ah well, someone's gotta do it. Right, Lori? :)


Danielle grabbed the camera as Camie and I went over-the-top with hysteria over our kindred hotlanta habit. Oh my. I'm so glad I posed with that plate in my hand. Dear Jesus.

This is probably the single-worse picture of me ever taken - but at the same time, the funniest picture ever. Thank goodness I still have my plate in hand - I could just not get it together. Or get my camera back from Danielle. Who know reality tv could make a girl laugh so stinkin' hard?

And this, I put in because what would an ornament party be without ladies gathering in the kitchen to listen to Danielle's hubby share his adventures of the evening? Real men defintely eat at Olive Garden, Cryin B. They also lock their keys in the car ALL the time. Especially firemen. Seriously, don't even worry yourself about that one. "Hey Nana, this is fireman bryan. Can you come get me?" Oh lawdy. But we do love us some cryin' b and the way he puts up with his wife's many, many, many peepettes. Seriously...an award for Bryan. !!! :)


This might be my goofiest post yet. Or maybe, the most sarcastic. Eh, I bet I can top it.


Here's to Thanksgiving 2008 - minus anything resembling pumpkin! :) Praying the holiday is blessed, loaded with family and memory-making moments! I am looking forward to some more time to heal and maybe put that vacuum in hand that Lee is so longing to see. :)


Aiight? :) kb




No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer