Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lazy Saturdays are the best...

especially when it's raining. That's how I feel today, anyhow.


Our Halloween was fun - and uneventful, for the most part. If you know me a little bit, you'll know that I'm not a fan of Halloween. No particular reason. I'm not a makeup pro, so the whole costume gig, is more frustrating than fun. I don't like to be scared, so the horror aspect of it bites for me. Like I said, the reasoning isn't really there - just not my favorite holiday.

Hope loves to dress up. And she likes candy. So it's a fun time for her. And Lee loves to chaperone she and her friends through miles and miles of candyville, so it was a good night. I stayed home and handed out goodies to a lot of "kids" who looked old enough to be paying a mortgage, if not in college. Crazy.

I do, however, enjoy the haul of candied loot Hope brings home. She's not a chocolate lover (can you imagine?) - so most of that stuff makes it my way. Although, I'm trying to be good.



About a month ago, I "did a little something" while helping my fella move some treadmills. Long story short and a bucket of vagueness to boot, I am going to need surgery. I thought I could put it off for a month or so - but it looks like the sooner they can get me in, the better. Which kind of bites. Am hoping it will be the laproscopic version vs. the "whole enchilada." I'll know more on Tuesday. I am enjoying my lighter workload around the house and Lee's willingness to shoulder some things he doesn't normally, but I'd rather be healthy and not need the surgery, truthfully.

Hope has a cold. I told a friend of mine that I was going to blog about her brand-new nebulizer, but I don't have a pic to share. Hope was in the throes of an asthmatic moment yesterday morning, so we fired up her nebulizer (that hadn't been needed for 6 months). It sounded like a really sad volkswagon bus. By noon, I had a very slim and sleek new neb for my little one. It was like ditching an old 1980s cell phone and using an iPhone. :)



That's really it from here. Doing a little work over the weekend, anticipating some time out for surgery and hoping it happens sooner, than later.

:) Later mcgaters. k


See, Halloween just isn't my thing.

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer