Friday, February 24, 2012

Lenten Thoughts - Day 3

Life without television is quiet. I don't think I actually watch tons of television - it just becomes the background noise of the house.

This morning when I woke up, I rolled over and immediately started for the remote. I'm a news junkie.

Lent is a spiritual training ground. Preparation for Easter - the sacrifice that makes life possible. Thoughts are still fresh and emotions swirling as I work to settle down. Move into a season without distractions. Looking for the small voice that sometimes can't be heard through noise.

Coming to Lent after a year filled with life-changing events (some good, some so difficult), I'm looking forward to what the next 37 days will bring.

A favorite line from this morning's blog reading:

"It doesn't matter what you get done if you've undone a heart--there are no real accomplishments apart from relationship."

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer