Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lenten Thoughts - Day 5

I'm not going to lie (which would be especially uncool during Lent), I miss my television. Last night, after the house was quiet and the hours were all mine, she called to me. I wanted so badly to hang out and "catch up with my DVR." It probably says something that I've personalized my tv habit. My. She. Yeesh. At least I don't have a name for the television...yet.

Instead, I caught up with my bible study. Three weeks behind, yo. After watching, I don't think I was actually behind, I think the delivery was right on time.

Anguish and joy. They can and often do co-exist together. The very thing that has been one's horror can morph into the situation that brings the greatest joy. Anguish can become joy.

Still noodling on that one. Onward to Day 6 of Lent! "...your grief will suddenly turn to wonderful joy."


"I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn over what is going to happen to me, but the world will rejoice. You will grieve, but your grief will suddenly turn to wonderful joy.
It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor. When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world. So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy." John 16:20-22


No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer