Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas makes me say Wii.....

:) I am SO not a gamer. Probably the furthest thing from it. After yesterday, I believe that's all changed.

Santa brought my baby a Wii. :)

And by Santa, I mean Lee. And by baby, I mean Hope. He can be seen above, golfing.

In reality, the gift was for all of us. After 20 rounds of bowling yesterday, I could barely move this morning. Until I saw that Wii remote calling my name. I've tried all the sports except golf. Bowling is my fave. Baseball, I can get down with. Boxing almost did me in.

And we haven't even opened the other Wii games Santa brought. :)

Both of Lee's sisters and fams came to our digs yesterday. It was a Wii Christmas, that's for sure. Everyone arrived, skeptical of the Wii. And left wanting to purchase one. It's that much fun.

Hope and I always make a birthday cake of some sort (for Jesus!). This year, we did a praline pumpkin torte. It was the hit of the evening. :) Always sure-fire. So yummy.
Hope's letter to Santa just blessed my socks off. I think this will be the year we reveal "the truth." We've set it up along the way with the story of St. Nick and Santa being a friend of Jesus. This year was too hard. And too many questions. It's time. Soon, anyhow.


Besides the Wii, I'd say this is was the hit of Hope's holiday. Life-sized Hannah Montana on her bedroom wall. There's actually one more smaller one on another wall - and guitars and "hannah" stickers. Crazy. But our girl was oh-so-happy.
Merry Christmas! Now let the diet begin! :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer