Monday, December 15, 2008

smiles are free

Just when I think this white stuff (snow. ice.) is going to send me screaming for any sunny destination serving drinks with umbrellas, a moment of pure joy comes my way.

Hope: Mom, can you get my sewing kit?
Mom: Sure. What are you making?
Hope: It's a surprise.

(Hope then parks herself in the bonus room, watching Drake and Josh, sewing and being mysterious).

Hope: Mom, my webkinz are getting married. You're invited to the ceremony.

[mom (that's me) views a dauchsund and a cockerspaniel. Cockerspaniel is swathed with lavender fabric. Its face is covered with another fabric - Hannah Montana fabric.]

Hope: This is wiggles and megan. Megan's face is covered. She'll take off the veil after they say, "I do."

[hope cues orange webkinz cat named "Sally" to officiate. we are apparently very progressive in our pastoral views."

Hope (as Sally): Wiggles, do you take Megan in matrimony? If yes, said "I do."

Wiggles: I do.

Hope (as Pastor Sally): Megan, do you take Wiggles in holy macaroni? I mean, matrimony (gales of laughter)?

Megan: Of course!

Hope (as Pastor S): You may kiss one another!

Hope says to Mom: If this were real, their tongues would like each other.

Mom: WHAT?!?!?

Hope: Because they're dogs Mom. That's what dogs do.

Hope sings the bridal march (or whatever that is called) and carries Megan and Wiggles to their honeymoon destination: the red bean bag called Mexico. Where they promptly fell asleep. Whew! Innocence lives. :)

This scene still has me smiling from ear-t0-ear. Not sure what inspired the ceremony. But I sure got a kick and a half out of the entire thing.

As one of my facebook buddies wondered: Future wedding planner?

Hmmm. One can only hope. :)

I love being Hope's mom. :)

k

1 comment:

Larry Short said...

Hilarious! Makes me want little kids again.

Uh, not really.

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer