Monday, January 7, 2008

I know it's not right.

Hope was too sick to go to school today. Just a cold, but with her, the asthma flares and it's not always a good thing. Her nose stuffed up just before bed on Sunday evening--I had a feeling Monday may not be lookin' so good. I was right.

Hope hung out, watched movies and rested. I know it's not right....but when she's sick and falls asleep, it's one of the most precious things. Takes me back to the days of babies and bundles and bottles. She may be a few weeks' shy of turning eight, but when she sleeps, she still has the same look (and sleep noises, to be truthful) that she did as a babe. I guess I notice it when she's sick because she snoozes on the couch while I work in the chair across from her.

We awoke to snow on the ground. Said snow is now frozen and expecting more snowlings to join them this evening. I have a doctor appointment in the morning, so I'm selfishly praying for no snow (sorry, Ashley..and Hope!), no late starts and a healthy daughter ready and raring to go to school. If not, I have a Plan B. Plan C, as well. :)

Today is the second day of healthy eating for a familia. Hope was asleep on the couch while Lee and I watched Jon and Kate Plus Eight Have I mentioned before that I dislike this show? Through my disdain, I suppose it's growing on me. Lee likes it...hence, why we watch it. Anyhow, we had eaten our butter-free, sugar-free, white-flour free, process-free meal (which truthfully, was very good). As Hope slept, we looked at each other and acknowledged our hunger. We grabbed a few rice crackers and cheese and hunkered down for more of the annoying Kate and passive Jon and their built in baseball team (almost). I confess to have a few more tidbits since Lee's departure for bed. ;( Nothing too horrible.

Hope has been nebulized, sterlized and medicized and is now watching the tail end of "Shark Boy and Lava Girl." I have yet to watch this crazy show in its entirety. I've seen the beginning, middle and very end and still have absolutely no idea what it's about. Am hoping some of this stuff kicks in by the 10 pm hour (meaning her cough).

Hope's birthday is in less than 2 weeks - we still haven't quite figured out what we're doing. I "think" we're aiming for the Enumclaw pool (yup, swimming in January) - but I need to make a phone call. Sooner than later.

Here's hoping that I dodge this bug Hope has. My hands are raw from washing..and sterilizing our house. Hope's are too. ;( Poor girl.

Happy cold and flu season... :) k

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer