Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's never too early for snow...

Even if it's 6 am on Sunday. Lee was so excited to see the falling white stuff that he woke Hope and I up...just in time to see it stop. Hope is pictured here at 8 am frolicking in our yard. What an adventure to live next door to us, eh? Shrieks and howls from Hope at 8 am. Not so much.

My sisinlaw is in the Sacramento area and as of last night, was on her 3rd day without power. After some "knock your socks off" winds right her in Buckley, I have been so thankful that our power remained "on." And for the comfort of our generator, in case the lights go out in Georgia...or Buckley.

A few highlights from the week....

Encouragement comes in the most unlikely places - and I'm so thankful. I had two of the best conversations this week. I don't know that these two ladies even know what a great encouragement they were to me (denise and connie!). Like minds. Smaller worlds. Seeking the Lord on the same playing field. Same interests. Reading the same books. Was beautiful.

Half Marathon Training. Began for our family this weekend. Lee is working on his jog, I'm working on my walk and Hope is coming along for the ride. :) The best news of the weekend is the discovery of the stopwatch function on my Ipod. Who knew?

And speaking of the marathon, I believe our little Tacoma adventure has attracted 15 interested peeps. A few registered - the rest not. Three of my neighbors are checking things out..quite a few friends are joining our little team. Pretty cool, I think.

Jillian Michaels. If you're not a watcher of The Biggest Loser, then personal trainer Jillian won't mean a thing to you. Our family watches it weekly...it is fabulous and fun and we are huge fans of both Jillian and Bob (also a personal trainer). JM is going to be speaking on January 24th promoting her new book...and I'm going. My uber-super neighbor Liz is taking me (and she doesn't even watch BL!)! My only comment: I wish Bob was appearing too.

Clear sinuses. It's true. After a truly horrific 20 days on steroids (just ask my husband and daughter on the "horrific" part), my scan came back clear. There are some other things that need to take place for the health of my winter sinus conditions. I'll spare you the deets...but we're working on it!

Pride. Sneaks up on this girl. Nuff said. Continued journey to be absolutely okay with how God has made me, where I've been and how I live my life. It's who I am. And I hope, that I never make anyone feel "less than" because of their path in life, choices they've made, books they've read (or haven't), references they may or may not understand....you get the picture. I know for a fact that I have (made folks feel 'less than'). Please forgive me. I heard a quote this week from Pastor Chip..."We are all desperately insecure." Amen?

Habakkuk. I'm reading a book right now based on the book of Habbukkuk. If you haven't spent a lot of time in the few pages of that prophet, you may want to check it out. Very interesting.

That's it from here. My world may be small....but my God is big.

Be blessed!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer