Saturday, January 12, 2008

road miles...

Just a couple of days until the half-marathon training is in full swing. I performed a bit of a juggling act with Hope being sick, doctor appointments and working from home...so no miles were made this week.

This morning, I hopped up and did 4 miles around my hood. I kept a 16.0 pace...which is okay, considering where I've been (ie not exercising much). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Ipod's stopwatch function. Almost as much as I love my Ipod. :) I need to invest in new shoes. I'm going to try to make it a few more weeks (ie post-Hope's birthday) and invest.

I posted this little photo the chicago marathon..moments after the starting line. Just to remember the madness and the memory. Such a cool experience.

This entry is actually taking me two days to pen. The above is from Saturday. Now, it's Sunday (cheater). The sun is shining...amazing what a different the sun makes. I'm so tired of the rain (I know, I know - why live in Washington then?).

I have a feeling this will be another juggling week of a different kind. Hope's birthday is Friday with swim party on Sat. I'm headed to an ENT/surgeon on Tuesday to see what she has to say about my polyp-laden sinuses...and the first week of half marathon training officially begins! woohoo! ;0

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer