Saturday, January 26, 2008

#*@!(% @*%!^$

That about sums up my week. The most beautiful truth is that once one's eyes close for the night, a new day indeed shall dawn. I have great hope for a peaceful and lovely Sunday. :)

The best news of the week for me...is that mine (the week) is over. Two weeks of half-marathon training are under my belt and despite the insanity that was my life this week, I kept at it. Minus a couple of days here and there...the road (and my treadmill met me and we bonded.

This morning, I discovered the beauty of neighborly support. I trained for the Chicago marathon strictly by my lonesome. Three other gals (Liz, Ginger and Josie) from the hood have signed on for the Tacoma half marathon (with the potential of 3 more)...this morning, Liz and I headed out for our four miles. We were met along the way by Josie...and Ginger gave us her stats (walking while her daughter was at the science fair) on her way outta the hood. I have to say that it's nice to have the support...and accountability.

That's it from here. Hoping for a less devastating week on the horizon. :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer