Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The second day is always better...

Indeed. I had high hopes of begininning 2008 with a bang. Instead, we went to Cabella's with family, ate food we shouldn't have and exercised very little. We were together - and had a good day together. :) Cabella's is in Lacey - and is all things "hunting and fishing" (of which Lee and I are neither). It's an amazing huge and overwhelming joint - my brother-in-law was in heaven and so were Lee and I when we arrived at the car with no purchases. If the lines weren't so long, I probably would have purchased some of their homemade fudge (adding to the "ate food we shouldn't have). It was good to spend time with K and G. :)

This morning, as I sit in my brand-new Christmas flannels and sport my lovely L'Occitane lotion from my sister....I'm thankful for the past 10 days of vacation. It's interesting in hindsight to see how much I needed the break. Not from work, but from the juggling act coupled with health issues of the past month. It was nice to just "be."

And as for the new year, I'm not a fan of resolutions. BUT, I did lay some goals for myself last year - esp. since I will be turning the age that rhymes with "shorty."

1. More of the Word. Over the past few months of wrestling with some health issues (and steroids!) - finding time in the Word has been tough. I need a study for the Winter/Spring season, I believe.

2. Emotional Health. I made some thick commitments and tiny baby steps toward my overall emotional health. Hard stuff. But I am committed and we will continue. :)

3. Physical Health. Half Marathon Training - begins next week. Food changes - slowly beginning this week.

Here's to a GREAT new year.....John 3:16!!!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer