Saturday, April 26, 2008

she cleaned. she sneezed. she left.

It's been one unbelievable week. And not in a good way. I'll spare you the deets at this point. I'm trying to leave them in the past.
The major downside was not getting in my last long walk. I was scheduled for 14 miles on Friday. I came down with a fairly horrific cold on Tuesday/Wednesday...that laid me out on Thursday and Friday. This morning, it made it's way to my chest. Not sure if that's good or bad. Hope also developed an ear infection on Thursday evening....so we were in urgent care that evening and at the doc again on Friday morning. I wasn't sure I felt worse for...my little one - or myself. When we got to urgent care, the doc thought I was the one being seen with my plugged up self. :)


Thursday was "bring your child to work day" - and so bring her, I did. She lasted the entire day. I got most of my work done and she was quite a helper (when she wasn't doing algorhythms on Shelly's white board). This pic was taken (and photoshop'd) by my friend, Melissa - during the 2 hour activity time for parents and kids. Hope made a AIDS Caregiver Kit, took a tour, did a little worship and a little praying. It was a good time. I felt horrible (cold), but it was neat.
Lee's sister, Sandra is coming to stay while I'm gone. Our house is a clean museum today. Sandra is a rug-raker (and I love her!) ... I think Lee is a rug-raker at heart, but I'm not. So he was in his "zone" today. I'll be back on Thursday to muss things up. :)
And so...there it is. I'm close to being packed. I'm a little worried about this niggling cough I seem to be developing...but will deal with it tomorrow night and find a drugstore if needed. My week in North Carolina will be filled with meetings...and a 3 hour time difference. I'm looking forward to seeing a little bit of the area (never been there)...and to get back home to my people. I'm bring my shoes and am determined to find time to walk (train). Two more weeks until the big day!
If you feel so inclined, please be praying that my little one stays healthy whilst I'm away. Her throat has been sore. ;( I'm hoping Auntie Sandra won't need an introduction to the nebulizer.
Be blessed!!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer