Tuesday, April 1, 2008

a few good things...

The first good thing of the day? My cup of Starbucks' Komodo Dragon. Seriously. So good. :)

The second good thing? Our doorbell rang last night around 6:30 pm. Hope was outside playing - so I figured it was she and her friends being funny. I answered in the door in my lounging clothes (ie fleece pajamas) to find someone other than my daughter. She was from the church we visited on Easter - bringing cookies and a warm welcome. Funny what a plate of white flour and sugar will do - but it warmed my heart. :)

Hope has actually been going to Awana at this church all year long. And I've been sitting back, wondering if the joint was too small of a church for me (aka, will I have to be known?). I had a good conversation with a group of ladies and the worship Pastor at the Awana Spaghetti Feed last week. I think we've decided to jump in with both feet. Or I've decided, anyhow. :) Actually, I believe the Lord has decided. I miss being part of a church body. Or a church body with healthy leadership.

I best log off from this silly blog. I did a little jogging on the treadmill this morning and I have about an hour before I have to get moving. Meaning, an hour to listen to this week's show and start working on the web. Booya.

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer