Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Break!

It's true...Hope's on Spring Break. And I'm taking the day off tomorrow. Lee has the remainder of the week off. Why do I know that Hope is about to embark on a Hollywood Dad week? Eegads.
Not a lot new here. Just logging miles...we did eight this past weekend and are aiming for 12.5 this coming. That half marathon is just around the corner.

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

Anyone who knows me well, knows I've been floating a little bit the past few years. I've been attending Foursquare in Puyallup, but just have never plugged in. On purpose. I needed to be anonymous and be fed. And Pastor Roger's teaching were life for me. Seriously. I just couldn't ever find my footing to plug in. Not them - t'was me. Or God.

Hope has been attending Awana at a little church in Enumclaw during this school year. We attended on Easter and again this weekend. I just returned from their monthly ladies' night and I think I'm in. It was a good experience. The teaching is good. The ladies seem real and I'm not sure there were many who didn't welcome me. Being the loner that I am, I grabbed a table by myself. Within minutes, I had four ladies sitting with me - chatting and interested in who I was. About 50 ladies tops....it was a really nice time. And these ladies seem to geniunely love the Lord. And food. :) I am down with that. I even signed up to bring a dish to the June ladies' night. I'm stepping out. And laying down roots.

I laugh at the fact that I thought the church might be too small. It's totally what I need. Actually, I think it's what we need. Hope could never find her groove at Foursquare either and sat with me most Sundays. She did the kid's church gig this past weekend and LOVED it. They are smaller classes - familiar faces and leaders from Awana. It's good.

I actually don't have much more to share than that. My brain has shut off...I think it's time for bed. I'm just very, very thankful.

G'night! :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer