Monday, April 14, 2008

weekend wrapup

I haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately. We've just been so stinkin' busy. Or I have been. I'm not sure which.

Our weekend was non-stop....topping off what was a pretty jumbled Spring Break for Hope. She is now the proud owner of a trampoline...and one tuckered out Dad (ie Lee was home with Hope for most of the week. I don't have a picture of the glory to show you (the trampoline - not an exhausted Lee).

Lee, Connie and I hit the Orting trail for a 12 mile training walk. It was a hot day (which I welcomed!). It was really warm when we finished...but I felt pretty good at the end of the 12. I think we all did.



Consuela and I stopped around mile 10-ish to grab a photo op. If you look closely, the sweat is glistening off of my squinty face. Nice. Connie and I swapped Ipods at one point during the walk--it was kind of a nice boost to have some new and different tunes/sermons to cruise to.


This is simply the most ridiculous photo. I couldn't find my hat...it rained on us (last weekend - 8 miles)..and Lee looks like the Cheshire cat. :) But here we are anyhow....training spouses. ha! Connie and I finished the mileage in about 3 hours, 40 minutes. Not a terrific time -- BUT, we had a bathroom stop -- we strolled through part of mile 5 looking for the 6 mile mark and the last few miles we were kind of slow. Connie had a pinched nerve -- and I have no excuse.

Hope went to our neighbor Erica's 10th birthday party a few hours after our walk was through (we walked from 7:10 am to about 10:50 am). Her Mom asked if Liz and I would come over and lend a hand...so we did. I might add that I am living next door to Martha Stewart's more talented sister. Seriously. Everything from scratch. Cake extraordinaire. I was amazed. And a little inspired. Although not sure what I'm inspired to...I don't have that kind of talent. :)

Hope scooted from the party a bit early and we headed to Seattle's Safeco Field for a Mariners' game! Someone gave Lee some FANTASTIC tickets....the view is above. Row 39 - back from home plate. It was a super game- the M's wHooped the Angels...and Hope really enjoyed the game. And Auntie Karen joined us! I think we were all a little tired...but we had a great time.

Sunday was filled with a little churchin' for Hope and I (which was fabulous, I might add)...and a 15 mile bike jaunt for Lee, Hope and the neighborhood teenagers. Actually, I grabbed Hope after 7.5 miles in Orting and we went grocery shopping. Lee went to the McD's with the kids and rode back much later. I think he was pretty well fried at the end of the day--but he had a great day. He's great with kids. And I...not so much my thing. :) I'm great with .... computers. And ... lists. ha!

The next few weeks are jumbled and wild for me. I head to North Carolina in less than two weeks for some meetings (work). Lee's sis Sandra is coming to stay with Hope and make life a little easier on Lee. The half-marathon is less than 4 weeks away (mother's day weekend!)...i can hardly believe it's that close. But I'm very excited.

I am also very excited that my niece Ashley is blogging. Good times, good times indeed!

Be blessed this week! :)

k

2 comments:

ash's2ash's said...

lol, lee does look like the Cheshire Cat! But, he always seems to have that smerk.
I think it's great you guys do those together!

ash's2ash's said...

I love that you read what I write! LOL. It's nothing that's even worth writting, let alone reading. But you read it! :-D
Makes me happy!
Thanks for your well wishes! I do hope I get better soon too!
Love you!

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer