Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Half-Marathon Trail...

Well...our little training team made 11.5-ish miles yesterday. Heavy on the "ish." I truthfully think it was a little more..but maybe not. This weekend's team was Lee, me, Liz, Ginger and my Consuela. :)

We were all SO thankful for good weather. Meaning - NO SNOW. :) It was definitely cold..the sun made an appearance..and we actually got a little warm at the end. At least I did. And Liz. We were ready to remove layers. 'Nuff said. I have zero recollection of this photo op. Or Ginger being behind us with her handy Iphone. Or raising my hands above my head in a what must have been a victory moment. I do know this was a good 8 miles into our trek...and I think we were all feelin' it. That's Lizzie behind me. Lee and Connie are long gone.

This lovely (aka scary) phone photo was taken at somewhere around 9.5 or 10 miles. I look crazed. I think I may have been feeling that way. That's Ginger right behind me...and the tip of Liz's head is above my left side of my hat. Lee literally walks faster than most peeps run. And Connie was keeping time with him. I believe they finished 30 or more minutes before us. Fast flyers, that's for sure.

It was a good run. We have some funny stories to tell. More than anything - I'm so thankful for the group walking. It's so helpful to have folks along the way when I hit the wall 10 miles in (um, or sooner). And to ride home together as a group to share some laughs. Believe me, we had a few!

The half marathon is creeping up on us. We have two more long walk/runs - and we're there. I'm actually excited about it. I think we all were at the end of our 11.5 ... knowing we only had 2.5 miles more to make the marathon mileage. :) Yeehaw!

Finally....I grabbed a haircut in Friday. In the midst of the snow, I braved my way to Tacoma. Since I've shared some most unflattering photos of myself in this post, I'll share my new do as well. What the heck. :)






Front and back views. Pretty short.



And on that note...off to take a little advil and make some sense out of a house that was clean earlier today. Eegads. :)
k

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer