Tuesday, March 4, 2008

okay, so the truth is...

I'm afraid of the dentist. Or maybe it's the astronomical bills we end up with after I go. Regardless, I don't go as often as I should. Even having said that my be a bit of an understatement. Don't judge me.

A piece of one of my molars broke off on Saturday. It was more annoying than anything and didn't really hurt. It's been on my mind - but I thought I could wait a spell. Like maybe after we return from Mexico in June. Or, maybe I'd get it fixed in Mexico by a backalley dentisto named Juan. Kidding (kind of).

This afternoon, I bit into a green pepper laced with hummus and caused great pain to my tooth. The broken tooth is neighbor to a very old crown that I baby and deal with on a regular basis (did I mention that I don't enjoy the dentist?).

Tonight, I am up waaaayyy past my bedtime - dealing with excruciating pain. And listening to my cat snore on the guest bed. I am planted in the recliner used post-sinus surgery. There's not a lot of comfort to be found. Lying down is OUT. Standing up was IN - and the house is now pretty darn clean. Hopefully it doesn't get dirty when I launch myself through the sliding glass door to stop the pain.

I believe a root canal is in my near future. And I pray with all of my heart that I'm able to make this happen tomorrow. I was so thankful for my sister in law, Karen tonight. She has been going to the same doctors and dentists for years and years and years. Our dentist is asking me to come in, evaluate, be evaluated and make another appt to have the work done. There's a large chance that Karen's dentist maybe able to root this canal tomorrow. If you're a prayin' peep, please feel free to lift a few up for me.

Unbelievable. That's all I can say. And not a whole lot (medicine wise) is touching the pain. Did I mention it hurts?

Sincerely,

A brand-new lover of the dentist

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer