Saturday, March 1, 2008

Eight Miles? DONE!

It's 11:40 am. Eight miles are under my belt. Did you see how hard it was raining today? We were in it. And I am not very, very cold. Chilled beyond the bone, even. But it was very good. And I'm a wee bit sore. Once I'm up and moving, all is well.

We started in South Prairie on the trail....and ended at the Orting Starbucks. Hope rode her bike and apparently pushed Lee to go a little faster than normal. We figure he did it in a 12.5 minute mile. All I know is this: the three garbage bags I put in Hope's bike basket for a possible rain emergency were long gone. And we (the two peeps I walked with) ended up pretty wet.

Liz, Ginger and I took it fairly slow...but finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I took it easy for most of the route, I think I could have done it in 2 hours at my normal pace. Or close to it. We sipped Gatorade regularly, ate our power bars about halfway through and recognized the need for bathrooms more than once during those last 4 miles.

Liz experienced some foot issues - but she totally powered through and made it to the park. Lee and Hope were waiting. Ginger and I walked onward to Starbucks - the place of two very important things: bathrooms and coffee. :) Ginger and I were a little dismayed to learn that the bathrooms were singles. I swallowed my pride and germophobia and hit the mens's room. It thankfully was very, very clean. At that point, I didn't really care.

The five of us grabbed some jo, were thankful for Liz's SBX discount (she works at the plant in Kent!) and shared some laughs. Fleet Feets training team was on the trail with us and was actually pretty encouraging to us. I almost took one of them out when I thought her "Keep up the good work, ladies" was "move to the side, ladies." We were already on the side...not a fine trail moment of mine. :)

I feel good. Although both Lee and I are parked in our computer spots in the bedroom while Hope watches a movie. We'll see how the day progresses. :)

Be blessed today!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer