Friday, February 29, 2008

That's all folks...

Friday is finally here. Actually, at 9:34 pm, it's on its way out the door. So with that, I'll give a short rundown of my thoughts from the week.

1. Pain medicine post-surgery. I kicked it on Monday and have been doing okay with just Tylenol ever since.

2. Sugar. I've had entirely too much of it since surgery. I'm hoping to kick the white stuff to the curb over the weekend. Goodbye my sweet, sweet friend. ;(

3. Eight miles. It's waiting for me tomorrow morning. I have walked since before surgery (i've said that word a lot in this post, haven't I?). We'll see how it goes.

4. Post-surgery checkup. All looks good. Except for the cold that my surgeon said she saw in the back of my throat and through the pressure in my head. I thought she was nuts - but tonight, I stand corrected. Am doing what I can to keep the sucker at bay. Please Lord, no....

5. My daughter is going through quite a challenging stage. Out of respect for my not-so-wee-0ne, let's just say that she keeps me on my knees. And that I'm certain she'll be President, CEO or a Wallstreet trader with her steel/iron will. "I'm molding a leader, not squashing a spirit. I'm molding a leader...." Eegads.

6. Addicted to blog-reading. It was true a week ago and it's even true post-surgery. I had a little free time on my hand. My list of online reads grew. Don't judge me.

7. Do you know what Twitter is? Something to check out, technological junkies. Shelly, I actually found twitter on a blog.

8. Exercising the brain. Read an interesting article (in Time or US News?) on Alzheimers and preventing it. I want to find the article online...but needless to say, I'm taking up Soduku (sp?) and other challenging brain games. It's increases the frontal lobe power...one of the first places to atrophy with age. Social networking is a huge stimuli for the brain as well. Keeping her sharp and running well. A small fear of mine.

9. I am grateful for my job and the flexibility to come back half days this week. Such a blessing. Huge.

10. I am perplexed by an ex-husband who thinks it is perfectly logical to suggest daycare for his children at the home of his girlfriend - whom he left his ex-wife for. Seriously. I wish I could send him this blog. I'll pray for him later.

11. The World Vision Report. If you've never listened (and I know none of you have), you should. It's journalism. Stories of poverty and injustice and hope. From around the world. www.worldvisionreport.org. Check it out. :)

12. Tim Keller. My new favorite online listen. Amazing and gifted teacher. www.redeemer.com. His sermons aren't free - but they are totally and completely worth it. Check him out.

And finally, I am looking forward to some sleep in moments. A weekend that I hope is filled with a little cleaning, a lot of accomplishment and not one sniffle of a cold. The remote (or the satellite?) on the tv in my blogging room (smile) is not working. Steel Magnolias is on and I cannot figure out how to turn it. Not that I really want to. It's one of my favorite movies. But I'll get wrapped up with Wheezer and Shelby and then she dies and I'll cry. Eight miles is going to arrive early tomorrow morning.

Be blessed!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer