Monday, February 25, 2008

The recliner becomes you...

;) Well, Monday was a better day on the post-surgery recovery trail. I spent most of the morning in bed/sleeping and became "upright" in the afternoon. I feel like my wits are returning. I'm still taking a pain pill in the evening (before bed), but seem to "do okay" on Tylenol. The sinus rinses are my most dreaded part of my day...but necessary.

A total sidenote..Hope felt so bad for me this morning, she made her own breakfast, brought me something as well--and brewed a cup of jo for me as well. She's a sweet girl--and it's not very often that I'm not up and about before she is. I was very thankful for my girl today, that's for sure.

The last five days have truly been a blur. I had great plans - visions of watching movies and catching up on some reading. ((snicker)) I did catch a little tv...but mostly I just slept. And slept some more. My family was happy to let me sleep - they tell me I was pretty cranky during those awake moments. Am guessing they are right. Hope has enjoyed a little freedom...since I have been snoozing in a recliner (set up in the guest room), she has enjoyed sleeping on the guest room bed, watching cartoons until all hours as I lie drugged and oblivious. :)

The Bravo channel seemed to be where I parked the most. I can't tell you what shows were actually drawing me there during lucid moments...but what I woke up to were all measure of wedding and matchmaking shows. The Millionare Matchmaker, Bridezillas, Bulging Brides, Rich Bride/Poor Bride, My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding...I'm not making these titles up! I managed to watch a few of the episodes and determined these brides-to-be must have been making bank to allow themselves to viewed in such a negative light. Eegads.

And now...as I prepare to retire for the evening...I had to turn into Oprah. Valerie Bertinelli is dishing on her new book and her life with Eddie VH. I'm disappointed. Why must my "one day at a time" star write a tell-all book like that? Eegads. The king and queen of rock and roll...sigh. What must Wolfgang (their son, for those of you who aren't the groupie I am) be thinking as all of this is dished? Or maybe he's lived and it's no new thing. Ms. B has become a new ager - in keeping with most of Opie's elect. Bleh, bleh, bleh. I still love Van Halen. That will just never change. Even if Eddie was a crummy husband. I guess karma may follow him...but Jesus always forgives. What would I do without that promise? Put that in your bonnet, Oprah (ps: I still love you 'favorite things' show!)

:) on the way to healing..k

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer