Saturday, February 9, 2008

feelin' a little blue...

it's true. i don't know why. just woke up that way. okay, i halfway know why - but nothing i could shake. or share with the blog. lee got up and ran his six and a half miles. after a week of not much half-marathon training, i fought with myself. folding laundry and wiping baseboards was about to become the excuse. finally forced myself out the door, and had firmly talked myself into going back home during mile 2.

enter liz. one of my marathon trainin' neighbors. she was coming right toward me. i had thoughts of keeping my headphones on and just giving the obligatory wave. not so. she found a new route. the route involved hills. did i want to join her. wait, did she make me join her? i can't recall.

regardless, i went. i confessed my blue state as we huffed and hooffed up hills and jogged like rockstars down the otherside. we spied some interesting characters. i'm certain one of them took note of liz and i for future serial killer prey. liz laughed as i shared this. liz is new to the crazy in my brain. i'll introducer her to more of my madness as the weeks progress. if my sisters are reading this, they are laughing out loud. or at least Katie is. she knows my crazy. and loves me anyhow.

back to the walk. as wer neared the 2nd time around (which was liz's 3rd), she agreed to go with me one more time. i sang the rocky theme for her. if she wasn't in before, she was then. who can resist rocky? especially whistled off of these lips?

i don't know if it was the new route (which was much needed), the challenge of the hills or the fact that my friend liz came along at a moment where i was about to cry 'uncle' and put my periwinkle self back to bed...but, the blues went bye-bye. or at least sat on the shelf for a spell.

and the lone ranger was very thankful for the support of a friend. :) in the form of four miles for me and six for her. i need to check on her tomorrow and make sure she's still my friend. hee-hee.

some friends of lee's mom and step-dad came by today. we've exchanged Christmas cards since Dottie died (10 years ago this year. insane, i say)...but that's about it. they're connecting with our family in august for vacation...and spent a few hours at our digs today. it was absolutely, posirootely lovely. a small glimmer of what life once was crashed in for a moment. still trying to marry that up with what now exists. it was so great to see them.

that's it. i have had a week of doctor poking and prodding and am in for another week of the same in various stages. sinus surgery is looming around the corner...along with some direction in some other undisclosed areas. don't worry, it's not cancer. just things i've been ignoring that need to be looked at. if there's anything to tell, rest assured that i will.

be blessed!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer