Saturday, February 16, 2008

over the valley and through the hills...

That's right....today was 6.5 miles on the half marathon trail. "Wild Liz" mapped out a crazy route for Ginger and myself. 3.27 miles each way....over some good hills and alongside some big rigs. On a portion of the road, anyhow. Via a tip from Ginger, I joined "may my run" - when I searched for a route in Buckley, something entitled "crazy run" popped up. She did the work and recorded our route...see below.

I have shared more than once (and I promise, after this I will stop)...that the training I did for Chicago was on my lonesome. Today was another lesson in the beauty of group training. Yes, it's still work -- but having a troupe to face the rain, the hills and the crazy semi trucks with made the route a lot of fun. We stayed hydrated, snacked on our power bars and shared more than one laugh along the way.

As the evening rolls in, I'm a little stiff and the tops of my feet are sore (from the hills, I think). Am feeling accomplished...and ready for the week ahead (that involves sinus surgery). :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer