Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a personal challenge

I'm on the road to recouperation. Worked a partial day yesterday and was pretty wiped out yesterday. I'm hoping today holds more stamina. I have been sleeping some odd hours...this morning holding no exception. 1:30 am seems to be my hour of awakening.

Personal challenge. Nothing to do with a half marathon. My neighbor shared yesterday that her power bill is roughly one quarter of ours. I am married to the energy meiser of the U-S-of-Ay and have always assumed that our bills are low. Liz's bills are beyond low. I'm still wondering if she lives by candlelight.

I'd like to say that it's just the desire to preserve our earth and resources that is driving me to conserve. Instead, it's the taste of a challenge. I'm curious to see if it can be done in this family of 3. I'm gonna give it our best shot (ie family does not know yet of our challenge).

Not much else to report. In my early waking hours, I caught up a little bible study and a watched my fave show ... The Biggest Loser. Best episode of the season - hands down. And my black team was victorious. :0 whooya.

Time to sidle up to my new best friend - Tylenol. And if you stop by and the lights are off, we're home. Just a little crazy in the quest for a lowered power bill.

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer