Friday, February 8, 2008

Ellen, Papa Gikki and Blood Draws

First, I have to tell you that my memory is going fast. Short and the long.

Now what was I saying? (ha-ha. sort of).

A fairly uneventful week. I started recording Ellen. I know the evangelical masses (including myself) swagger over her lifestyle choice, but the girl does crack me up. And she can dance. Laughter and dancing. Two plus points in my book.

I record Beth Moore as well. Never fear.

Who is Papa Gikki? Only my favorite wholesome cookie in the world. Slightly high in calories, it is made of organic and natural ingredients. They don't have much of a shelf life (becaus they are so dandy and healthy - so hardly anyone sells them except for QFC in Enumclaw. I knew this and was so looking forward to having one with my iced americano with a dash of cream--right after my..

blood draw. Just down the road from the QFC in Enumclaw. Maybe there is someone in blogger land who enjoys this, but I would not be one of them. In fact, I lean so greatly toward the squeamish side, that fainting draws nigh as my red stuff is extracted. Lab work was on the docket for my morning. Fasting blood work, nonetheless. Being a woman with no visible veins, the back of my hand was the poking point of choice. A new and sensitive spot just between my knuckles. MAN alive! As you might imagine, coffee and Papa Gikki were a much-deserved treat. My mind started to wander to the next round of labs waiting for me on Friday of next week...along with the IV adventure prior to sinus surgery. I'll wait to begin obsessing over that one.

So that's it. I haven't kept up with any kind of walking regime at all this week. I just flat fell out of step (literally). I am going to double the mileage for tomorrow and hope to get back in the swing o' things. Hope and I are headed to Walgreens after school today for passport pictures and a hopeful adventure at Enumclaw City Hall for our passport application process. :)

If you're looking for a healthy treat, Papa Gikki is the best! :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer