Tuesday, February 12, 2008

bizarre foods?

I'm blogging while halfway watching "Bizarre Foods" with someone named Andrew 'something' on the travel channel. He's in the Philippines eating brown sugar coated bananas, deep fried chicken intestines on a stick and snail intestines. My gag reflex has been kicking in the whole time.

I'm absolutely not meant for international travel. Eegads. Or bizarre food travel. So to distract myself (ie Lee is watching the show) - I decided to do a little blogging.

Tomorrow is Lee's birthday. Day before Valentine's Day. We agreed to bag the day of love this year .... makes his birthday a bit easier. And after years of marriage and riding the edge of cynicism, Valentine's Day is much more than a pain in my tush. What a romantic, eh? :) We'll do cards. And eat leftover pizza and pie from Lee's bday.

I can't recall if I've blogged about my allergic reaction. I had one to some medicine I began taking last week. No fun. It's good to be "itch free" after four days of wondering if I was losin' my marbles.

Four paragraphs in, I don't have a lot to blog about. But it was a nice distraction from bizarre foods...that will be over in about 8 minutes. And as I turn my eye back to the screen, we're venturing into something about an underground river. I can only imagine what kind of delicacies this crazy "andrew" will unearth. Or find floating. bleh. Wait...birds nest inside a spelunking adventure. They eat them! Enough already.

McDonald's anyone? :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer