Sunday, March 9, 2008

an oldie and a goodie...

This afternoon, Lee and I were gathered with some of the neighbors, talking about the shows we watched as kids. Adam 12, Fantasy Island, Dinah Shore, The Price is Right and Silver Spoons were some of the popular shows that we laughed over. So as my daughter snoozes next to me while I blog, I will confession right now (internet confessional?) that I am currently watching The Osmonds 50th Anniversary Reunion. And loving it. Don't judge me. Andy Williams is making a special speech right now. I've lost some of you. I just know it. But he's singing Moon River and don'tcha know--I love it. :)

Another confession moment. I had a HUGE crush on Donny Osmond from age 7-9. HUGE. I had a poster of young Donny with his purple socks and big teeth on every room of my wall. I was certain we would marry. So certain, that I snuck out of my room for the last 30 minutes of the show. It ended at 9 and my bedtime was 8:30. Strict? Would seem so. :)

I'm so glad Hope isn't as boy crazy as I was. Eegads. She really isn't. So far, anyhow.

A good weekend. I walked 8 miles on Friday and another 4.5 on Saturday. The only walking I did today was through the doors of church and a jaunt or two up our stairs. Day of rest, you know. Our big 9.5 miler is coming up on Saturday. And the St. Patty's Day dash we signed up for is happening on Sunday. Just 3.5 miles....hopefully, it's fun.

My final note for tonight. I know there are reasons for daylight savings time. Can I share that I don't enjoy it? The reasons or the savings. I miss the one hour of my life that is gone forever. And the sleep. Ah, my sweet, lost slumber.

And now, the Osmond clan is attempting to sing an Eagles tune -- I think it's time to change channels. Sigh. How about "Deep Purple" or "Puppy Love?" Those Osmond brothers were always jealous of my Donny's success.

Oh...hang on! Donnyvjust pulled out the "guitar piano" and is jam-slammin' it across the stage (which is very attractive at what must be his 50 year age). But alas, he's singing one of his come back tunes = "Solider of Love." That one never did much for me. If he pulls out his coat of many colors, I really will turn the channel. Donny, do you hear me? I watched when you and Marie went on the talkshow circuit...I've seen you on Oprah...I've been known to watch Marie's appearances on QVC with those crazy porcelain dolls and I watched her on Dancing with the Stars, just hoping to catch a glimpse of you. I'm true blue. The real deal. A true Fan-mond. Again, don't judge. I watched Sonny and Cher as well.

I've got to say, he's still cute. Even without his purple socks. And the PBS info break tells me he's coming back to sing Puppy Love. Now, I'm staying tuned in for sure. "And they called it pupee lu-huh-a-huv..." Aw, Donny. Things are gettin' good now. I could do without the appearance of the brothers Osmond. Eegads.

:) ha!

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer