Saturday, October 18, 2008

...back on the road again...

We did it. Very impromptu, but we did it. Lee mentioned hitting the trail last night. I gained concensus from Ginger and Liz, so off we went. Liz and I did the car drop at 6:30 this morning and managed to "get going" by about 7:20 am. Lee and Hope were behind us a bit, but managed to catch up. Quickly. And pass us. Whatever.

We had many laughs on that crazy trail. I think we were all glad to have gotten up BEFORE the birds (and the sun) and put 7.5 miles under our respective belts. Although, the older I get, the more I enjoy staying in bed. Oye.

Highlights of the morning include discussion of a potential girls' trip to Vegas (Oct. of 2009, ladies?), multiple notations on the complete lack of bathrooms on the Buckley/Orting trail, the discovery of many foot long worms that nearly sent my gag reflex into action, many sporty fisherman that Liz eyed carefully (and noted the presence or lack of a wedding band!), and some unbelievably large mushrooms (see photo). Worms and mushrooms on steroids? Only in the country. :) No photos of the worms. Seriously. Crawly things and myself don't mix.

We ended our exercise with a caffeine break at the Orting Starbucks. Ahhhh. Please forgive the not-so-great quality of the pics. My little Krzr phone/camera captures the action, but that's about it.
Hope catchs up to us on her bike - with Lee jogging up the rear. Have I mentioned that they are competitive? And quick. :)

Liz and Ginger. Discussing which one of them are going to take me out of the picture. My camera phone wasn't welcome this morning. I think Liz may have paid me back. I'm waiting to see what appears on her Facebook page.

Self-portrait. Me, Liz and Ginger. Blurriness reflects how we were feeling, moments after our walk began.Here they are passing us. Was surprised they hung at our pace for as long as they did. We had some laughs with them too. Mostly at Lee's expense.
Here's my guy. Ready for trail action. If I could jog as fast as he walks, life would be, well, much quicker!The reward of the morning's effort. My iced americano completely hit the spot.
Lee and Hope relax at Starbuck's.
Ginger and Liz. Wondering if they're going to have to help me put the camera down once and for all.
Hope was willing to pose with her mama. :) Good times and a good morning with our peeps! :) I'm preparing for my Celine Dion concert tonight (yay!)...and am listening to my husband's iPod right now. How many men do you know that have Mariah Carey, Whitesnake and Luther Vandross on their playlist? Just sayin'. :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer