Monday, October 27, 2008

a slightly brighter view...

The past few weeks have been torturous. Privately, anyhow. Work is good. Hope is good. I have a roof over my head, a car to drive the byways and clean water to drink. But privately, I've been trudging through a little mud. Mud from my past. And now that I've typed that, mud isn't a good word to use. It's just thick. And I've avoided it - or didn't recognize it, for a very, very long time.

Today, I find myself feeling a little more free. I've created a compartment, moved some things there and find my heart with a little more room to breathe. I opened up a bit, received some forgiveness. I guess I feel more "whole." Some longings and regrets that may always live, but they don't have to rule me today.

I'm being vague. And that's on purpose.

The past weekend was beautiful. I love the sun. We took some of Hope's friends and saw HSM3. That's High School Musical 3 for those of you without kids under 10. :) Lee and Hope took off on Saturday morning for a community service project (ie badge-earner). Gave me some time to work off some of my new-found "freedom" in the form of a cleaning binge. You know the job is well-done when the perfectionist in your life is impressed.

We did a little pumpkin carving, some teriyaki eating (yum!), reality-tv catching up and slept in. Which in our world, means 7:30 am. Lee surprised me with pancakes in bed on Sunday...which save the moments I am sick, might be a first? Hmmm. :)

Hope wanted to hang back in her pajamas and watch a movie with her Daddy on Sunday, so I ventured to church on my lonesome. I was okay with it, truthfully. I felt the need for some emotional purging, so I headed to Puyallup Foursquare for service (vs. going to church at my little Enumclaw church). No reason, except that P4S's worship absolutely rocks. I knew I could enter in (and out) anonymously. Marc Wymore led worship - and he simply rocks. I've posted a video of a song he wrote via you tube, on the post above (or below?). "Break these Chains." Take a listen. He's awesome.

Anyhow..shed some tears, move and groove without a lot of questions - and was left alone.Which is why I went there. I wish Hope liked their kid's program...because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the atmosphere at that church. The kid's program at our church in Enumclaw is smaller-scale, more hands-on bible learning and Hope loves it. And that, friends who have wondered and ask, is why I switched.


I'm rambling. A little therapy for me, I suppose.


And finally, after a doc appt this morning, it looks like surgery is in my future. Bleh. I don't feel like sharing on the blogwaves...just say, it shall be not a lot of fun. That's for certain. I'll know more next week.

Off to enjoy the remainder of this sunny day! :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer