Friday, October 24, 2008

good things today


I'm having an emotional day. For so many reasons. Not all bad. Just emotional. But here are some good things - and I'm reminding myself right now.

1. I think the heart does go on.

2. Sunshine is the most beautiful medicine - today, albeit cold outside, is no exception.

3. Trader Joe's is hands-down my favorite grocery store. I'm enjoying some white bean and basil hummus today along with a little trail mix called "tempting." And it is.

4. I am growing. Through some pretty sharp growing pains. Recognizing some long-ago losses. Dealing with the delayed pain of the loss. Picking myself up, dusting off my heart and believing that I will be okay.

5. Jesus still loves me. Amazingly, but He does.

6. We are going to see High School Musical 3 tonight. yesss...... :)

Since I began this blog, hours have passed. A friend brought me the gift of a few chapters from a meaningful (and suprisingly appropriate) book she is reading. I enjoyed a very light lunchtime conversation with peeps I rarely see. And I just enjoyed a homemade banana muffin.

Things are looking up. :)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer