Monday, January 5, 2009

oh bob, you slay me...


Oh Bob Harper, don't act like you didn't just kick my butt this morning. Ah well, I still think you're the cutest thing ever.
Anyone watch The Biggest Loser? Is trainer Bob Harper not the most adorable drill sergeant ever? I love Jillian too. I love Bob more. :)
Today is DAY 4 of the Prism program. Not a bad day.
I began the day with Bob a'la comcast on-demand. Just 23 minutes of core cardio. Oofta. That hurts. When I got up from the chair at Hope's cheer class, I was a little stiff. Especially the quads. To quote Bob, "Quad workouts are my FAVORITE." Massachist.
Tonight, after reading two chapters of Hope's latest true animal adventures, I realized I had been lying for too long. I couldn't get up. I rolled to the floor.
It wasn't pretty. But it's a good kind of ugly. That's fosho.
I made a dinner that Lee and Hope LOVED. I was shocked. I steamed chicken breasts and shredded them. Chopped up 10 whole-wheat tortillas. Jumbled them into a large pan with some chiles. Added red enchilada sauce. Simmered. Sprinkled with cheddar cheese. It was yummy. Served with salad - prism-friendly. If I could learn to make the enchilada sauce from scratch, even more healthy. Baby steps. Baby steps. :)
And finally, to end this random blog, I'd like to post my favorite things from today.
1. Israel & New Breed: Deeper. I downloaded this album to my iPod. It is in a word: amazing. Amazing worship. Love it.
2. No snow. No more needed here. :)
3. Routines. It's good to be back in one. Although, I sure enjoyed my time off. And a few jammie days.
4. Nancy. She is prism-ing with me. Blessed my socks off today.
5. Nine years. My little one is heading for that birthday in 12 days. We're celebrating with a Hannah Montana Build-a-Bear birthday. Not very many girls coming b/c it's a true expense. She's been wanting a birthday there for years. It's nice to be able to say "yes." And give her a sweet memory.
That's it from here. :) Praising Jesus today that I have a roof over my noggin. Two legs to carry me. And a body with weight to lose. :) Amen.

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer