Thursday, December 20, 2007

are you okay?

I heard that a few times today. I'm training a very delightful young woman to run with producing our web (at work). I think it was halfway between our editorial call, fielding some phone calls from advisory board members and keeping a ear out for web questions, that she asked me "Are you okay? You seem a little anxious today?"

Steroids. Bleh.

I was able to wax poetically about the steroids (that still affect me during the day, even though they're spread out), the cold I've contracted and the pounds of work that seem to be plaguing me. I'm hoping I can stretch 10 hours into 20 tomorrow. If the red sea could part for....me?

I'm happy to report that I have found sleep. In between my stuffy nose and new meds, it's definitely coming in spurts - but it's found me. And life seems a little more manageable.

I ordered some new makeup last week. It arrived yesterday. What is it about new makeup? Bronze cream eyeliner. Some new lipstick. A new woman. Puffy from steroids (um, and copious amounts of baked goods), but new, nonethless.

Hope spent the day with Lee. She has a new pair of Heeleys (the others were def too small). Good ol' GI Joe's and the $35 sale. She promises that she's at the top of her game now. I think there was lunch at some processed joint....a trip to Cold Stone...and some scouting at the park. Lee had two of Hope's friends with him today. He's quite the Dad of the block, I'm told.

For the record - shoes and lunch and cold stone, let alone a trip to the park, don't often happen when I'm home. What the?

It's 8 pm. I need to retire these bones to bed. And get them up at an hour that isn't fit for the birds, let alone this girl.

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer