Saturday, December 15, 2007

super steroid power

Or is that stupid steroid power? Either way, I'm not a fan. The good news is - the pressure in my sinuses seems to have decreased. The down side is...I'm simply not sleeping. At least, without some help (ie sedative) and not for more than 4 hours in one shot. I'm a lot tired and a great big moody. And my game face seems to be missing. Two more weeks...but hopefully the decreasing quantities will bring a little shuteye back on the scene.

The past week was a blur. Very little sleep, too many meds and Hope coming down with a cold mid-week threw me for a small loop. I was very thankful for the flexibility of my hours, working from home and gettin' things done during some odd hours.

This morning, we went on a mission for the Sheraton. Eight cases of a specific wine was needed for an event. Ten stops and three hours later, we arrived downtown with one cranky kid, a slightly cranky adult female (me) and a husband that was pretty glad to be anywhere but in the car with us. :) Hope and I ventured to the Sheraton lobby while Lee grabbed his crew to unload said delivery. We were able to view the infamous gingerbread houses. They are unbelievably amazing--maybe my favorite batch of all. I wish I had some pics to share. Words can't describe. Everything was so festive and beautiful.

Our day started to brighten up. :)

My sister in law, Karen and her husband came over this evening. We ventured out to one of my favorite shops (The Pinch Plum), ate too much cheese bread (not at said store), watched the boys install our new kitchen sink and played, I mean, lost two rounds of "SORRY!" to reigning champ, Hope. Both games were SOOOOO close. After Hope won the first round by literally 1 jump, she raised her hands over her head and said, "WOOHOO! I won and I didn't even cheat!". Note to self: watch opponent Hope's board moves from this point on. We howled. And proceeded to lose a second game to the shark. Yeesh. :)

I do believe it's time to get my sleepy SORRY winning child off to bed. She's dozing off to Air Bud as I type. And work on our very-late Christmas cards. In the swirl of having guests tonight (which was very nice) - I took my meds too late. Eh, no matter how early or late they enter my system, I seem to be "up" no matter what. Looks like I'll be a friend of Carson Daly (ie the late show) and possible the REAL Housewives of Orange County tonight. Hey, besides infomercials and late night talk, there really isn't much going on in the wee hours of the morning. It's the oddest thing - my body and head are so tired, but my energy level just doesn't stop. Tour de France, anyone?

Steroids have opened a whole new world. Hopefully, they open up my sinuses too.

:)

No comments:

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." -John Bingham, running speaker and writer